Forum Discussion

PatrickO_Neill
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Multi Choice - Radio Button

Hi,
Have a number of Multi Choice displays on a for user interaction - the text associate with each button is quite long. 
Are there any properties for the Multi Choice that can be used to identify which radio button was selected by the user.

Rgds
Pat

------------------------------
Patrick O'Neill

6 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

I think the only solution in your case is to have a short abbreviation for the multi select field and then create a formula field which will detect which choices were selected and provide a longer explanation in a vertical list. 

Post back if you feel you need help with the formula. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PatrickO_Neill
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Mark,
      Have been trying that, having the labels within my multi select field of A, B & C - but from the form view the vertical list is a tile away from the user selection objects - is it possible to define the regions so they are closer.

If there was a way to query if multi choice option 1 was true and so on, the text would not have to be processed.

Rgds
      Pat 

Patrick O'Neill
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        I'm  not understanding your last post.  Can you post a screen shot?  Did you write a separate formula text field  to show the selected choices with expanded text?  Can you post that formula?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com