Forum Discussion

NicoleBruun
Qrew Member
2 years ago

multi records add/edit (mirror records)

Hi, 

I am a beginner here and can't figure out what to do. Really appreciate any help I can get!!!

I am trying to add multi records from one table to another table with this:

<records_csv>
      <![CDATA[
%RepeatOn%
[Location (3 Letter).csv],[EMP_ID.csv],[First Name.csv],[Last Name.csv],[Full Name (Preferred).csv],[Job Title Description.csv]
%RepeatOff%
   ]]>
</records_csv>
<clist>8.13.23.25.24.26</clist>
</qdbapi>

And got an error message:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<qdbapi>
<action>API_ImportFromCSV</action>
<errcode>11</errcode>
<errtext>Could not parse XML input</errtext>
<errdetail>XML Parsing Error. unclosed CDATA section at line 2010 column 9 (which is byte 69010)</errdetail>
</qdbapi>

I need help! Thanks!!!

------------------------------
Nicole Bruun

2 Replies

• Instead of this, have you considered using the Table-to-Table-Import (TTI) option? This will allow you to configure a saved import between tables and trigger it either manually or via Pipelines or Webhooks. A good example of how this can be used can be found in this Help Article.

Essentially, you select a Source and Destination, map the fields, and then save the configuration. Once you've done that, you can decide how you want to trigger the import. This can be done a number of different ways including using a custom button, webhook, or Pipelines. If you're comfortable with the API, the call you'd use is API_RunImport.

Hopefully, this points you in the right direction!

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    /

NicoleBruun
      Qrew Member

Thanks, Blake. I figured it out. I didn't need the csv extension because my source is not from a csv file. I took out all the extensions and it worked. Thanks for responding to my post!!!

Nicole Bruun