Forum Discussion

AmyGosz1
Qrew Trainee
11 months ago

Multi-Select Text field

I need to create a report to find all records where a 'multi-select text' field is not blank - something has to be checked. If I choose 'equal to <blank>, it still shows all records, not just the ones that have something checked in that field. There are many choices so I don't want to write a bunch of OR statements choosing each option. Any ideas?

------------------------------
Amy Gosz

5 Replies

• Hi Amy,

One pretty simple solution would be to create a formula-checkbox that checks to see if the multi-select field is empty. I used the following field to check...

If(ToText([Multiselect Field])<>"", true, false)

Then you could add this checkbox to the filters of the report. You could also make it a report formula if you would like. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or I am misunderstanding the issue! 

Tyler Foster
    Associate Developer
    Synctivate Inc.
      AmyGosz1
      Qrew Trainee

Thank you Tyler....this worked. I did think of this type of solution too, but it seems to be an extra, unnecessary step. A report filter should allow you to leave the field blank and query accordingly.

Amy Gosz
        AmyGosz1
        Qrew Trainee

Good thought. I will put that through. Thank you!

Amy Gosz
  • I agree with Tylers solution, but it may be worth checking with Customer Support as it seems like it would be a bug if the filter does not recognize a multi select as blank? If it is a bug, worth reporting it so it goes on their list to fix.

Mike Tamoush
      AmyGosz1
      Qrew Trainee

Good thought.....I will put that through. Thank you!

Amy Gosz