Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple Choice From Another Field Help

Posted 02-03-2023 12:07
    Edited by Kaitlyn Stanley 02-03-2023 12:36

I am running into an issue with using shared values from one field to another.

I have a field on App One, Table A, called, Facility. It's Text - Multiple Choice. It uses From List to display the options. The checkbox is selected to use the values as a source in other fields. The app chosen is the same app, App One.

On Table B, the field Facility Assigned, is setup for input type From another field. App: App One, Field: Table A: Facility.

I changed the values in Table A: Facility, but values in Table B: Facility Assigned is showing the original values prior to my change.

It looks like Table B: Facility Assigned only pulls values that are already selected for a record from the original field. So if Facility1 and Facility2 are selected on records, then the Field only pulls those, doesn't matter if I remove those values from the original field or add new ones, if they're not selected to a record, it doesn't list them.

------------------------------
    Kaitlyn Stanley

• 2.  RE: Multiple Choice From Another Field Help

Posted 02-03-2023 13:59
    in my experience, when you use values from a other field, it will present the unique choices in the data, as opposed to the choices in the multiple choice field itself.  Can you add an occurrence of the missing data choice as a record in Table A and see if that solves the problem.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Multiple Choice From Another Field Help

Posted 02-03-2023 14:08
    I did go ahead and add the missing choice to a record and it does solve the problem. I just wasn't sure if there was a way around it. So that all choices are shown whether it's used in the data or not.

Kaitlyn Stanley

• 4.  RE: Multiple Choice From Another Field Help

Posted 02-03-2023 14:12
    No, that's how it works. You might also making a proper table of the choices, making the text field for the choice the Key Field and then making a relationship to pull the choices.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com