Forum Discussion

AnithaJeevarath
Qrew Trainee
12 months ago

Multiple Field Values as Drop down

Hi, I have a table/ report that has 3 fields (like LVL1_GRP, LVL2_GRP and LVL3_GRP) for every record. Is it possible to create a drop down with values from the 3 fields for every record. Every record may have different values for the 3 fields. Example for the records with dummy values listed below.

R1 L1_GRP1 L2_GRP3 Blank
R2 L1_GRP2 L2_GRP1 L3_GRP1
R3 L1_GRP1  Blank L3_GRP2

------------------------------
Anitha Jeevarathinam

3 Replies

• You can create a formula field which concatenates these together. 

For example 
    List(" ", [Field 1], [Field 2]. [Field 3])

But I'm not sure what you want the appearance of the combined field to look like when one or more of those three fields are blank.  If you let me know that, I can adjust the formula.  The formula I provided will list the non blank field values separated with a "space".

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnithaJeevarath
      Qrew Trainee

The Drop down should list only non blank values. If field2 is blank then the drop down should list only field1 and field3.

And the request is to list the values in 3 fields as a drop down and let the users select one of the values.

Anitha Jeevarathinam

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

I don't think what you're asking for is possible.

When you talk about a drop-down typically you are on a record in a child table and you are choosing a drop down to fill in a certain field. The drop-down allows you to choose which record you are pulling data from if it's from a relationship.  You can't choose just part of a drop-down field to fill in a field, you are choosing which parent record to attach to.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com