Forum Discussion

RameshSingh
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Need views for automation

Use case: I want the data from Table A,B,C,D,E,F to flow into Table G. I want this table G have data whenever a new record gets created in the tables. Initally I created a relationship but that isn't useful as the user has to pick a case every time. So my thought is to make couple pipelines to execute this. Please guide if I am doing it right?

------------------------------
XYZ
XYZ

9 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

Well, this is easy and hard. The easy thing is to automatically create a Record in Table G when a Record is created in any of the other tables. You would need 6 pipelines. 

But when you edit a Record in table A I assume you need that edit reflected in Table G.  

If that is the case, then let me know when I can suggest a completely different strategy.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RameshSingh
      Qrew Member
      How would I be able to get the report link for all the records which are being moved from table A to table G? Bulk pipeline is working well but it doesn't carry any sort of record link for the records in the primary table.--

Fanil Mehta

QuickBase Business Analyst 

(he/him/his)

2103 CityWest Blvd, 12th Floor

Houston, TX 77042

Mobile: +1 857.891.6584

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

Just have the pipeline write the table name and the [Record ID#] of the source table into fields in Table G.  Then you can make a Report Link field in say Table A to match the Record ID# with the Table G [Record ID# of source record] and filter the report on only Table A sourced records. 

Do similarly for each of the rest of the source tables.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com