Forum Discussion

JENNIFERPASCHAL
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Pipeline Conditions

Hello -

Looking for some advice on how to consolidate pipelines.

Pipeline 1 objective: when a record is created with Field A(trigger table) = X or Y or Z and Field B(trigger table) = 1; search a table for Field A and create a child record for each returned with Field C(child table) = 100%.

Pipeline 2 objective: when a record is created with Field A(trigger table) = X or Y or Z and Field B(trigger table) != 1; search a table for Field A and create a child record for each returned with Field C(child table) = 0%.

Is there a way to accomplish this in one pipeline? I have several use cases for this pipeline so they are quickly adding up to a lot to manage. 

------------------------------
Thanks in advance,
Jennifer Paschal

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

It seems to me that you can have a single Pipeline trigger unconditionally whenever a Record is Created.

The introduce a Branch ("Insert a Condition") and then branch off to either do one or the other set of steps.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • I agree with Mark, but just to expand - your trigger could be when a record is created and condition Field A= X or Y or Z.

Then as Mark mentioned, you click 'Insert a condition' and put, Field B=1, then all the necessary steps. Else....all the next steps.

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew #1 Challenger

:)  Yes, We are tag teaming you.  Mike is correct with his correction!

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com