Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Pipeline to move attachment to another table?

Posted 08-01-2022 08:42
    I have a pipeline that is pulling in external data and storing it in a holding table until a second pipeline moves them into another table after the data is validated.  Some of the fields involved are file attachments.  I am having difficulties moving the file attachments.  Can someone please provide a general overview of the process needed to move the fila attachments?

------------------------------
    Paul Peterson

• 2.  RE: Pipeline to move attachment to another table?

Posted 08-02-2022 17:04
    You can accomplish this with the Upload a File step in the Quickbase channel (nested under Attachments). This article includes visuals that might help.

Ahuva Brown

• 3.  RE: Pipeline to move attachment to another table?

Posted 08-02-2022 17:11
    I would add to  @A Brown 's info, I believe you need a pipeline step to create a record to hold the file attachment and then retrieve the record ID from that and use it in a subsequent step to upload the file into that record. Do you use what's called the file transfer handle in order to populate the target field.​

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Pipeline to move attachment to another table?

Posted 08-03-2022 07:17
    I actually took a slightly more direct path on this.  Rather than unpacking the JSON in the intermediate table that is used on the outbound side, I am unpacking the JSON directly in the table where I need the files to reside for short term storage.  I will be moving the files out again after about 6 months, but that will involve moving to a storage platform rather than trying to store large amounts of data in my Quickbase apps.  Thank you for your suggestions.  I was able to move the files, but it just made more sense to unpack the JSON in the table where it is needed rather than in an intermediate table.

Paul Peterson