Forum Discussion

LaszloM
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Pipeline to write non-English characters: is it possible without realm UTF-8 setting ?

I have a pipeline which copies address fields from one app to another. My - limited - experience shows that pipelines indeed can not write non-english caracters, only read them. So if in an address field contains any accented characters, it will not be copied, the old value stays in the destination. 

Now quickbase clearly states that pipelines can only read not write these characters if only my app and not the realm forces utf-8 (which is my case):

About UTF-8 Support

Is there some Jinja function  which can be of help here ? Or how to make a pipeline change its mind to handle the non-english characters as a workaround to the realm not-set to UTF-8 enforcing?

Thank You!

------------------------------
Laszlo M

3 Replies

• At this time, Pipelines cannot write data from foreign/UTF8 character sets.  It can only write English.  Quickbase ARE aware of this, but have no published timeline or resolution as far as I know.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454
      LaszloM
      Qrew Trainee
      Thx Laura!
      What about the realm set to UTF-8 enforcing? Wouldn't that work either?

...also, I am not surprised, but I am interested in any possible workaround!

Laszlo M
        LauraThacker
        Qrew Captain
        Laszlo,
        In my case, I cannot switch the entire Realm to UTF8 because it would cause havoc with older apps.  From the information I have received, I have no reason to believe that they would work when turning on UTF8 at the Realm.  I would be happy to know otherwise.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
        laura@intelligentdbs.com
        (626) 771 0454