Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

Possible to have a field that checks if a User is in a group or has access?

Is there any way for a formula field to check either one of the following:

1. If a user has access to the app
2. If a user is part of a user group

I have an employee list that automatically imports (synced to box). If an employee is suddenly inactive, I need to know to deny them as a user and remove them from the user group. I possibly can have a notification sent when a user is marked inactive, but I am not sure if notifications fire that way (from a sync)? It would also need to be a multi change message since a lot will be marked inactive at once. I would rather just have a subscription where it looked if a user was marked inactive, but has access to the app.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

2 Replies

• Hi Mike, have you tried using our UserRoles function? Rather than look specifically for user groups, you should be able to check whether a given user is currently assigned any roles in the app. And that will cover roles assigned both as an individual user, and as part of a group. There's more info on the function here: https://login.quickbase.com/db/6ewwzuuj?a=dr&rid=201&rl=eaa

Brian Cafferelli
    Product Marketing Manager | Quickbase
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

This almost works, but it looks like the UserRoles function can only get the current users roles. I would need to be able to point at a user field and say, what user roles is that user in? That way I could say something like, If User is Not active, and userroles<>"", then send me a message letting me know to remove from user roles.

Mike Tamoush