Forum Discussion

EmberKrumwied
Qrew Assistant Captain
11 months ago

Programmatically Change Form Tab Color

I have seen several posts where I can change the background and/or underline color of a tab within a form, but I'm wondering if there is a way to programmatically change that color.

I am building an app for tracking our various insurance polices.  Some policies will have multiple coverages each with their own set of data points, but some may only have 1 or 2 types of coverages.  My form would be designed so that each coverage type would be its own tab that way it wouldn't be unbearably long for the end user.

I was hoping to include a checkbox perhaps at the "beginning" of each coverage tab, that would be used to indicate if the policy has that coverage type.  That checkbox would also be used in a calculated or formula field so that if checked it would change that coverage type tab to Green.  That way, a user would be able to quickly identify which coverages were included as those that are would be Green while the rest would be white, or some other color.

Is something like that possible?

------------------------------
Ember

5 Replies

• Not possible, but you could show / hide tabs based on form rules.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      EmberKrumwied
      Qrew Assistant Captain

That could work.  Thanks!

Ember
        JeremyMyer
        Qrew Trainee

I made a workaround that my users like, for multiple reasons....

1) You can't redirect/point to a specific tab, this solution does

2) You can't format the tab conditionally, this solution does. 

3) You can't have multiple Tab rows, I haven't used this, but you could...

a) I created a series of 'go buttons', arranged & formatted them to look like native QB tabs

b) I created a series of forms (I know, maybe not best practice, but it works for us)

c) each 'go button' loads a different form for that subset of fields

d) I can conditionally vary the color, font, label, etc of the tab based on date or completion status or user permissions or whatever

It may not work for all, but an option of how to get around this functionality gap...

Jeremy Myer