Forum Discussion

VW
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Reminder and Subscription emails

Can Reminder emails or Subscription emails be sent to non-users of an app?  I'm trying to send these to an email distribution list, and I'm sort of recalling that this may not be possible.  Can someone please confirm?

Is there a way to have a Reminder or Subscription email sent to a non-user via a pipeline?

Thank you!

------------------------------
VW

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    See this similar post here.
    https://community.quickbase.com/discussion/subscriptions-to-non-users

There's individual records that you want to send out via a notification, a notification can be sent to any email address as long as when you are first building it you said it to type  OPEN.

If each individual user is just going to get a single record or two then you just set up an open notification and then on a schedule basis have a pipeline search for qualifying records and update say a date time field to the current date time and then that will trigger the open notification to the recipient.  

The link I posted above is more for the situation where each recipient would be needing to receive many different records and you don't want to blizzard them with a ton of individual emails.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      VW
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark,

Thank you.  I read your previous post.  Can you please elaborate on how to "create an embedded report of their assignments?"

In my example, we're entering people that are separating from the company and if the employee's last day is tomorrow (date field), and if a step in the process isn't completed (created another field using a formula that states if a field is null, the value in the new field is 'No,' and it will be 'Yes' if it is not null).  If both of these requirements is true, I'd like a reminder email sent to one email address.  It's a department email box, which is why we don't have that specific email address attached to its own QuickBase license.  

Do you still see your recommendation being viable with this information?

Thank you!

Val Wong
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Are you OK with separate emails per qualifying record or do you just want 1 email?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com