Forum Discussion

LuisaReis
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Report of Days of the week schedules

Hi All, 

I am very new and creating a database that includes teacher schedules. 
One report I would like to pull is a class calendar for each teacher, including the days of the week. However, the start and end dates span over six months. My reports pull a full 6-month calendar, not considering the weekdays worked. 
Currently, I have a master table with all courses with a column for the "days of the week" ( multi-select text type-Ex.  M, T, W...)   and a teacher table related to that. I also have a start time and end time column I would like included in the report. 

How do I create a master and individualized calendar showing the days of the week worked and times of day worked?

Thanks! 
Luisa

------------------------------
Luisa Reis

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Interesting question.  Are you saying that you have data that looks like this

Course:ECO 101    Teacher:John   Start Date Jan 2, 2023   End June 30th, on Mondays and Wednesdays and you want to produce a report of all the class dates?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LuisaReis
      Qrew Member

Hi Mark! 

Exactly! I need to be able to create monthly individual calendar reports for each teacher. 

Thank you, 

Luisa Reis
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Luisa,
        This is not a trivial project. 

I can think of a way to do this using a looping callable Pipeline.

The process would put a schedule record "in Focus", and then create the calendar entries for that Schedule record and then mark the date and time that the Schedule record was processed.  Then the pipeline would call itself again, and look for the next Schedule record to be processed.  This would be a process which would run say every night, starting with a Purge of the existing calendar entries so as to start fresh and then rebuild them.  The Pipeline could also be initiated with a button push.  If I had to take a wild guess, I'm guessing that the process could take say 15 seconds per Schedule entry (4 per minute).  So if you had 100 schedules, then that could take 25 minutes to run.  

As the techniques are somewhat advanced with Pipelines and Callable looping pipelines, I don't think that there would be much point in me trying to describe the steps.

If this was important enough and you had a small budget to work with, contact me by the email in my signature line and we can discuss the cost to have me build this for you.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com