Forum Discussion

ChrisRose
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Report Parameters

Hello,

I am new to QBase and I recently ran a report designed by my admin (who just retired). In editing individual records to update some payments, I progressed through each record with the save and next option. Later, when viewing the entire report, I pressed Save Changes. This has now yielded a smaller parameter grouping which was the grouping I was working on when I hit save changes.  Problem is that the previous report now will only pull this smaller group and no longer plays by the rules of the initial report.

------------------------------
Chris Rose

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    As you "Save and Nexted" your way down the report to edit records, those records were in fact saved, on by one.  When you made changes to the report filters by using the filter box at the top of the report or any Dynamic Filters or column filters, you temporarily changed the the filters for the report.

When you accepted the offer to save changes, that meant to save changes to the report filters,  and not anything to do with the records which had already been saved.

So, as Spiderman says "with great power comes great responsibility"  You have admin rights to the app, which means that you have the power to make changes to the app including changes to shared reports.

The fix is to customize the report and look at he filters and hover beside the extra ones (to expose the (+ / - ) that you inadvertently created and "minus" them out with the red icon.  Then save the report configuration.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisRose
      Qrew Member
      First, thank you for your response. I suspected this was the case. It sure was simple to affect the filters in the way that you described, but I cannot see how to open the “programming” portion of my Admin view to expand those filters for this one report. (Back to where they were before, which I know)

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        To access the report configuration settings, just run the report and at the top right there is sort of an abacus symbol, to customize the report.  Or change the report to the "old Style" with the green slider and then at the top right it will say "Customize this report".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com