Forum Discussion

BenjaminPulowsk
Qrew Member
12 months ago

Revert changes to a report (I've made a terrible mistake)

I'm new to QB and today I made a whole bunch of changes to a list of items in our inventory... unannounced to me I had done something very wrong with the way they were organized and I need to revert all of the changes... is this possible? I can't find any instructions, and I'm not very experienced with QB to begin with, if someone could please please please help me I would be forever grateful!

------------------------------
Benjamin Pulowski

4 Replies

• Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately, there is no great way to undo a large amount of changes like that without knowing the specific changes that were made. However, I think the best course of action for you would be to reach out to QuickBase Support and see if they can revert your report to a previous state. If they cannot, I am sure they can offer some sort of assistance to you to get things back to the way they were. 

You can reach out to them by selecting the Question Mark at the top of any QuickBase realm and selecting, 'Manage Support Cases'. From there you'll be able to create a new case and detail your issue!

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!

Tyler Foster
    Associate Developer
    Synctivate Inc.

BenjaminPulowsk
      Qrew Member

Thank you so much for your response, I have already reached out to them, they said that they can get me a copy of the app from yesterday so I can transfer it back over, but I'm not sure yet if that will revert all changes in QB today or just the one report, waiting for a response from them.

Benjamin Pulowski
        BrianSeymour
        Qrew Cadet

Hey Benjamin,

It sounds like a report was changed vs. the records the report uses. If so that is significantly easier to fix! Quickbase support can basically duplicate your app to a restore point before your unintended change occurred. They make frequent backups of your app.

Once you have a copy of the app, it sounds like you'd just open up restored version of the report (in the duplicate app) and the current version of the report in the live app. Then click the "Customize Report" link in the top-right and just manually restore the current report using the backups reports settings (e.g. filter criteria, report groupings, etc). So you just methodically check work from top to bottom to ensure both reports are setup the same.

You've got this!

Brian Seymour