Forum Discussion

AylanaVorster
Qrew Member
2 years ago

RichText Size

Hi all,

Is there anyway to battle the 1MB limitation of richtext fields? We are trying to add snippets into them but the images are just too big, even if we size them smaller beforehand, we can barely add one.

------------------------------
Aylana Vorster

3 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Is there a way to reduce the image size generated by your snipping tool?

You will use up your QuickBase Application space pretty quickly with images that size.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AylanaVorster
      Qrew Member
      Good day,

I've researched it and snipping tool's are by default .png and can't be changed. It's easy from my side to just take a snippet a, open in paint and take a reduced image but I'm using this on a ticketing system where the client can post snippets of their problems and what they want to have changed and it's not a solution accepted by them.

Aylana Vorster
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger

The only other suggestion I can think of is to contact Juiced and see if they have any kind of add-on that can reduce the image size after it's posted. I do have clients where we have contracted with Juiced to reduce the size of file attachments because users upload pictures from their phones which have in fact ridiculously unnecessarily large file sizes for the needs of the application.  

So what happens is the users post their file attachments which are typically something like 5 MB and a notification fires to Juiced and a Juiced automated process comes in and reduces that attachment size by a factor of about 10.

But your use case is more difficult because it's not simply grabbing a file attachment but it's grabbing an image within a rich text field.  so I don't know if they have a way to do that or not

https://www.juicedtech.com

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com