Forum Discussion

ColemanDuCharme
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Sending a weekly report of confirmed reservations to non-quickbase registered emails

Every week, we need to send a report of confirmed reservations for the upcoming week to the relevant park manager. We have a lot of park managers.

I have already created a report that shows all confirmed reservation records for the next ten days, which is then filtered further by park/superintendent.

The real issue here is figuring out an easy way to click a button and send that report (since non user emails are not allowed as recipients in notification subscriptions) to all relevant emails. Further, the report looks like this: 

When the non-user recipient receives this open email notification, they can look at this report, but they lack the permissions to be able to view the records linked within this report (by clicking on one of the underlined numbers). Is there a way to, instead of sending this whole report to non users who are then unable to view the records linked within, send the actual records themselves that this report filters for, but in an automated way? Can't afford to add all managers/supers/recipients to paid quickbase seats.

This is what the actual reservation record looks like when drilled-down-to from the above report:

I notice that it's possible to manually send the individual record via email (so that the non registered recipient can see the information), but I would prefer that our reservationist doesn't have to manually drill down on every confirmed reservation and then type out the emails that said record needs to be sent to. 

I know this is a lot, but this is the absolute last piece of this to-be-deployed reservation system that needs finishing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

------------------------------
Coleman DuCharme

4 Replies

• I should add, they lack the permission to be able to drill down into records from the "upcoming confirmed reservations" report - because EOTI submits "new reservation requests" to the same table that the report drills down into (to view individual confirmed records). We don't want all of our park constituents who submit reservation requests (functionally, "EOTI") to be able to look at reservation records that others have submitted. Which in turn makes it so that the non registered email recipients of the "upcoming reservation report" (also functionally "EOTI") cannot drill down into and view individual records linked on the emailed report. 

Coleman DuCharme
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew #1 Challenger

My suggestion is to have a table of Park Managers.  In fact you may already have that to drive a drop-down list.

Then create a specific form which will end up getting emailed to that Park Manager which has the embedded report of whatever you want. 

Put a field on that report which is just a date time data entry field and create an "OPEN"  notification the park manager. 

Tested by manually entering any Date / Time to that field. (tip, you can just type "n" for now and it will auto complete.).

Once you have that working then create an admin table where there is only one record and use that one record being edited (say a date / time field being set the the current date time with a Formula URL button) to trigger a Pipeline to update all of the park mangers' records which have up coming reservations with the current date time  into a trigger field for the Notifications.  When a pipeline runs to update multiple records like that these are seen as individual record changes which will trigger the individual email notification that we want.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        ColemanDuCharme
        Qrew Trainee

Mark, thanks for the great response. Will get to work on that and update you once it is working.

Coleman DuCharme