Forum Discussion

BrianDunk
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Setting a Field value based on a Date/Time Field

I am trying to right a formula that will compare two Date/Time fields and set the text formula fields value based on the two values.  For example, if the first Date/Time field is set to "05-17-2022 12:00 AM" and the second Date/Time field is set to 05-17-2022 12:30 AM, I want the Formula Text field label to be set to "On time".  The rule for this value would be 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the first Date/Time field.  If the second Date/Time field is outside of 30 minutes after the first Date/Time field, or more than 1/2 hour after, label should be "Late".

Thanks

------------------------------
Brian Dunk

19 Replies

• Untested by try:

If(
     [Date Time Field 2] > [Date Time Field 1] + minutes(30) or  [Date Time Field 2] < [Date Time Field 1] - minutes(30), "Late", "On time")

Mike Tamoush
      BrianDunk
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mike,  that seems to work.  I thought I could get away with giving a subset of my formula and that would get me going.  That is not the case.  I should have presented all the rules initially as I seem to be getting boolean errors.  Here is a more clear definition of my labels
      "Pending" = Date/Time 2 blank and today is before Date/Time 1.
      "On Time" = Date/Time 2 is 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after Date/Time 1
      "Late" = Date/Time 2 is 30 minutes or more after Date/Time 1.
      "No Show" = Date/Time 2 is blank and today is after Date/Time 1.

Thanks again!

Brian Dunk
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        If you post your code we can look, but something like this.

If(
         isnull([Date2] and today()<[Date1], "Pending",
        [Date2] <= [Date1] + minutes(30) or [Date2]>= [Date1] + minutes(30), "On Time",
        [Date2] > [Date 1] + minutes(30) or [Date2] < [Date 1] - minutes(30), "Late",
        isnull([Date2]) and today()>[Date1], "No Show")

Untested....

Mike Tamoush