Forum Discussion

KevinMoore
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Setting up Piplines with 3rd Party API Calls

I have tested out a 3rd party API call in POSTMAN successfully! The first step in POSTMAN was to authenticate as a POST and to generate an "Access Token".  The second step in POSTMAN was to make a query as a POST using the "Access Token" and return a record of data.  I'm having an issue on how to duplicate this process using Pipelines within QuickBase.  I can use a Webhook to make the initial POST to authenticate and I see the returned "Access_Token" response in the activity report.  However, I don't understand how I can pull in the "Access_Token" to the next step and make a query using the required "Access_Token".  Can someone point me in the right direction direction???

------------------------------
Kevin Moore

3 Replies

• Kevin, I am looking to do the same. How did you setup the make request? I am having trouble getting the returned access token. Authentication OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials, Placement Body, content type : Application/x-www-form-urlencoded. What are you passing through in the body and how is it formatted. I noticed it has a placeholder for password and username at the top of the make request form. I believe once you get the return value you need to add the JSONP Response action as a next step. I'm lost as well. When I add the jsonp response action it says there is no json requests in the pipeline. 

Justin Biggers
      GregoryGebhardt
      Qrew Cadet

Justin, Every API is slightly different from my experience and unfortunately API documentation is usually poor.  I find that Postman/Swagger is a somewhat easier platforms to test and practice then translate to QB. Look at the activity to see the json responses in pipelines.  hope this helps a little.

Greg
  • I'm using a webhook request in step A .  Look what the json response calls the token.  For the most part this works 99% on my calls to different API services   

{{a.json['access_token']}}

sample json response:

content:"{"access_token":"00D8K0000002t97!....","instance_url....."

Greg

Greg