Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Table Not Showing All Records

Posted 11-17-2022 11:26
    I have a table sorted in descending order by date.  Records are automatically added to it by a Pipeline triggered by events (formerly via automation but it was migrated).  I just recently discovered that it doesn't appear to be getting updated.  However, when I did an import of the necessary records, it failed for duplicates.  When I tried to manually add a record, it failed for the same reason.  So, QuickBase thinks the records are in the table but I cannot see them no matter what I do.  I have viewed the List All report, List Changes report, tried searching the List All report for a date that I know should exist, and I tried doing a custom report for all recent dates that I cannot see.  Nothing shows up.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance to whomever can help.

------------------------------
    James Carr

• 2.  RE: Table Not Showing All Records

Posted 11-17-2022 11:38
    Sometimes users accidentally filter List All reports.  Create a from-scratch report and see if they show up there.  Also, do a data-dump of the entire table.  Go to the ImportExport screen for the table; and click the radio button to export the table as a csv.  This will allow you to use Excel to search for the data.

If your data is not there, then there is something preventing the import - perhaps a unique field setting or custom Key that would become duplicates.  If you have unique-field values in your destination table; perhaps the data you are trying to migrate across has duplicates.  See if you can find those, and then exclude those from the process and try to run it.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454

• 3.  RE: Table Not Showing All Records

Posted 11-17-2022 11:50
    Thank you, Laura.  I just figured out what happened.  There was something wrong with the Pipeline that needed correcting.  I couldn't find particular records because the records weren't being populated correctly for me to find the records with the searches I used.  Now I can clean everything up.  Thank you, again.

James Carr