Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-18-2022 13:28
    I can't seem to figure out how to toggle between desktop view and mobile view in my App. I realize I can set the default view for the App as mobile or desktop for non-admins but as an admin, how do I view (and edit) my App form in mobile view?

Thanks in advance!

-Eric

------------------------------
    Eric Rovner

• 2.  RE: Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-18-2022 13:37
    You need to go to the home page of the app using the three lines hamburger menu at the top left, and then scroll all the way down to the bottom left and there is a link to Full Site.  If you are in the full site mode and want to get back to mobile there should be an icon of a smart phone near the top right-ish of the Quickbase screen.  (having said that, it did not work for me to get back to mobile) 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-18-2022 14:16
      |   view attached
    Thanks for your reply Mark. Always appreciated! So, challenge is that I do not have such a smart phone icon as you referenced. Is there a setting somewhere to turn this on? Here's a screenshot of what I have.

Eric Rovner

• 4.  RE: Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-18-2022 14:40
    Mark is explaining how to get to the full site, if on your mobile. I believe you are asking how to view the mobile, if on your desktop.

To see the actual form, you simply need to navigate to that form in your settings, then view it.

If you want to see how it will look like on a mobile device, use the drop down in the top right to 'View as a User' or 'View as a Role'.  Once viewing as a role or user, a little phone icon will appear near the upper right and that will bring up a mobile device image and show what it will look like.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-18-2022 15:06
    Thank you Mike. Yes, I'm on my desktop trying to see how the QB form will appear in mobile view. So, I can certainly use the 'View as user" methodology - thanks. I assumed there would be a way to see the mobile view while working under my own role as admin. Much appreciated!

Eric Rovner

• 6.  RE: Toggle Desktop View to Mobile View

Posted 05-19-2022 13:30
    If you are using Chrome, hit F12 or right click in the window and select 'Inspect' to open the DevTools window. In the top left of the window, click the 'Toggle device toolbar' icon and then you can select the output device view in the Window you are working from:

Adam Keever