Forum Discussion

BobThomas1
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

URL Field Column TOO WIDE on Dashboard

Howdy, I have a table of Zooms that I add notes to, and for the Zoom group I'm in. 

When I click on my App Table for the Zoom videos, the URL field is nice and small in width. Perfect!

Now I decided to make a report and added this report Widget to the dashboard for myself & the group, and it shows the Zooms & notes. BUT I can't get the URL field to shrink in size, just on the dashboard. Is there a way I can do this? 

I do like that when I use a report I get an update icon to the left, that lets me know that someone submitted an update.

------------------------------
Bob T.

6 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    I suggest that since the actual link text is not really human useful, I would put in a "Link Text" for the  URL field properties.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BobThomas1
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mark, I tried that and it does work, but I really don't like that. I think the other users will not be as apt to click on the link. As it is now, you can right click the link after copying the passcode and immediately start watching the video.

Bob T.
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew #1 Challenger
        Are you saying there is some difference between clicking words like zoom link versus clicking that long ugly URL?  Or are you just saying that the users will have to get used to clicking on a different looking link.  Of course you can make the words more instructional like "Click here to watch video"

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com