Forum Discussion

JohnArniotis1
Qrew Member
2 years ago

UserRoles

Good Morning,

Does anyone know how QB evaluates a logged in users role? I want to see if the process can be broken down so that I can recreate portions of it in a formula for what I am trying to do. I know QB has a UserRoles() function but that looks for the role of the logged in user. What I am trying to do is pull a role out of a user field for evaluation on an IF statement. Based on the result the field(s) will prefill the expected information without user interaction. 

There was a question I found on here that is 2 years old and it did not seem possible then but I am wondering if this is possible now. (3/17/20 reply)

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=303cffc8-acce-46f7-bbb0-88f5be095313&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

Thanks,
John A.

------------------------------
John Arniotis

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    I think my previous answer still stands.  The function  UserRoles() turns the rules for the current user. There is no new formula they have given us two get the role of a user field in the app.

The only real alternative I can see and I know it's messy is to have a table of users where the key field is the user and then you identify what roles the user is in but of course there's no tie in between the Roles you say they're in and the Roles they are actually in as Users Roles change.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JohnArniotis1
      Qrew Member
      I was hoping this was solved or we were given a new function that I did not know about since the last post.

Its not something that will break my app but it would have been a nice to have.

Thanks for the response Mark.

John Arniotis