Forum Discussion

ChristopherJob
Qrew Trainee
11 months ago
Solved

View icon missing from reports

Hello,

When I opened up my QuickBase tables today, I found that I only have a record's "Edit" icon/button available in any report I view.  The "View" icon/button is gone.  I made sure that "Allow viewing records from this report" is enabled, so that's not the issue.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

------------------------------
Christopher Job
  • My assumption is that this is some kind of bug.  I couldn't replicate the issue when testing as either role or user.

Note that my users toggled "New Style" off, then back on, and the UI seemed to reset back to normal with both the edit and view buttons.

Troy MacPherson

6 Replies

• We are seeing the same thing.  My guess is this is a "feature" but this is a big deal for us if we have to now open every record with edit instead of view.  

Ben Dellsperger
      TylerFoster
      Qrew Cadet

I am also seeing the same thing, and I believe you are correct Ben. This looks like a feature that is being rolled out that is a bit buggy right now. 

Unfortunately, the only solution I can think of for the time being is to make a formula URL field displayed as a button to view the record. Something like this:
      "https://myrealm.quickbase.com/db/" & DBID() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#]

Then put this field at the front of a report.

Again, not the most elegant, but in a pinch I think this is the best solution until it is fixed. 

Tyler Foster
      Associate Developer
      Synctivate Inc.
        TroyMacPherson
        Qrew Cadet

Seeing the same thing - however users were able to Toggle the "New Style" button and that seemed to fix the issue.

Troy MacPherson