Forum Discussion

GregoryGebhardt
Qrew Cadet
11 months ago

Webhook Request then parse multi record JSON response to CSV or Add Records

Any come up against this yet?  I am using the Webhook Request (due to auth reasons) but I need to parse the JSON response.  Everything I read/tried says you can't use the JSON handler channel to parse the response.  Does anyone have any jinja and especially a general methodology for doing so if even possible at this time.

TIA Greg

------------------------------
Greg

1 Reply

• Are you able to use the Incoming Request Channel to define an endpoint which may be used to listen and parse JSON?

For example, create https://www.pipelines.quickbase.com/hooks/webhooks/you-webhook-id that listens for JSON. Then, I'd suggest storing the raw JSON as a record (into Text - Multi-line field) in a "Responses" table for debugging and tracking down any discrepancies. In other words, track the response history.

Then, in a subsequent Pipeline step, you can pull values from the received JSON via Jinja, for example {{ a.body_json.data.your_field }}. But I don't have an example of how you'd loop through your JSON's nested objects to create multiple records … so, perhaps someone else can chime in with a snippet!

Brian Seymour