Forum Discussion

JackWoods
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Dynamic Form Rules Showing Section/fields - works on form edit but not on form view

Hey QB community! 
I'm working on my project management tool this morning and try to make a conditional rule for my tasks to show a few fields when the task is assigned to a specific department called communications. the problem is the rule works well when I click into edit the task. Once I fill in those fields and hit save to fields don't show in the "view" form when the task is saved and assigned to communications.

I don't have the pink error message
I have the fields set-up to show on Edit, Add, or View.

Please help me update this form as I want my users to be able to see these fields when simply viewing the task.

Peace & Love

------------------------------
Jack Woods

8 Replies

• Hello Jack,

I have the exact same issue. Have you been able to solve this?

Thank you,
    Alex B

Alex Bartholomew
  • From your description, it seems like you are doing it correctly but there must be something else going on here.  Is there any chance that you have more than 1 form for that table and one form is specified  in "Forms usage" to be used in edit mode and then other in view mode?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackWoods
      Qrew Trainee
      I checked that as well and everything is in order. Any other ideas?

Jack Woods
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        I don't suppose your Ops Department field that kicks off the dynamic rule, is a logged Multiple Choice field? That would explain your situation for when you are adding the item, but.....the view and edit mode would BOTH not show your other fields after it was saved.

Mike Tamoush