Forum Discussion

JackWoods
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Time Stamp Formula

Hey Everyone,

I need to make a time stamp formula field for my project management tool called "Date/Time Assigned"

With this field it will tell me when the Project was assigned to that person. This is so we can track not only when the project was created but if it changes hands at any time in the future and when that change took place. 

Do you know which formula I should use? The field name is [Project Manager]

Peace & Love

------------------------------
Jack Woods

6 Replies

• If the editing is only done using forms and not using Grid edit, then one easy way is to use for rules.

When the record is saved

the Project manager "has changed"

Action
    change the field [Date /Time Project Manager assigned] to the current/date/time

If you allow grid edit to edit the project manager field, then that will require an Automaton. Pst back if you need help with that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackWoods
      Qrew Trainee
      Yeah grid editing is allowed so I would need to go the automation route. I have a general ideal of how I would need to set it up but if you could walk me through that would be great. 

Thank you so much!

Jack Woods
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        ... well its pretty much the same as the form rule.
        The trigger is when there is a record edited or added on the table and that specific field changes.  I don't recall without testing if he Automation will offer up the "current date / time" to fill into that field, but if not then just create a formula date / time field called

[Current Date/ Time]

with a formula of

now()

and then use that in the Automation as the value to change your tracking timestamp field to.

i

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com