Forum Discussion

ReneeHansen1
Qrew Cadet
11 months ago

a "snapshot" in time for 1st of the month every month only

I need to create "something" (report, table, any available ideas?) that will capture the data from 6 fields on the 1st of the month, every month. It needs to stay in QB as something that can be referenced anytime. How can I do that?
I don't have access to create pipelines.

------------------------------
Renee Hansen

5 Replies

• I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I think that you should ask for either permission to create a Pipelines or access to a person in your organization you can work with who has access to Pipelines.

this does not sound difficult to do with a Pipeline as they can be scheduled to run on a specific day of the month. 

The alternative would be to have a Subscription Report, which would go to  yourself, and maybe some other users as back up and when you receive the subscription report on the first of the month, you would push a button, and the button would create the permanent record of the value of these fields on the first of the month. Of course, that relies on either yourself or your back up being available to push the button.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ReneeHansen1
      Qrew Cadet

Yeah, i think a pipeline could do this with  more efficiency as well. For grins, is there a way to have a connected table, and have a schduled "snapshot" of each field for the 1st of the month? but then I don't know how to schedule a "snapshot".

Renee Hansen
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Well, nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, but a Connected  Table can only be a mirror of another table, so it will not continue to add records. But also, you cannot set a Connected Table   to refresh only monthly, I'm pretty sure the minimum is daily.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com