Forum Discussion

BrianDunk
Qrew Cadet
6 months ago

Adding Multipile Lookup Field Values to Parent Record

I am trying to add the ability to add more than one reference lookup field value to a parent record.  I have two tables "Notes" and "Code_Violations".  When I click on the "Create a New Note" button the Note form opens.  On it there is the "Code - Violation" lookup field displaying the code violation options from the "Code_Violaitons" table.  I would like the ability to add multiple code violations to one Note record if possible.  Maybe, if possible, when I select the first one a new Code-Violation lookup field displays ready to add another if desired?

------------------------------
Brian Dunk

9 Replies

• Good morning. I think that it is not the appropriate design, you must have a table specks and a code_violations table, if you need to associate in a many-to-many relationship you must have a third table in the middle where you can create several notes to several code_violations.

Marcelo Benavides
      BrianDunk
      Qrew Cadet

Ok, that sounds fine but just to be clear the Note is the parent record and I am trying to add multiple Code Violations tothe Note record.  How would I set that up right now I have it setup as the Parent Table is HazMat_Codes and child is Notes and "Code-Violation" field is a lookup field in Notes table.

Brian Dunk
        MarceloBenavide
        Qrew Cadet

I'm not sure about your question, but the correct desgin is: 

Marcelo Benavides