Forum Discussion

DeepaPrashant
Qrew Member
2 months ago

API errcode 11 XML Parsing Error. unclosed token

So my Quickbase app records are created via an API. I've had no issues and been able to solve all XML errors thus far. This one stumped me.

All tags are closed in the XML. I've checked multiple times. What could be causing this error?

<qdbapi><usertoken>xxxxxxxxxxxx</usertoken><field fid="75">2024</field><field fid="76">9</field><field fid="15">103032696</field><field fid="28">03-16-2024</field><field fid="9">70050</field><field fid="12">162191.45</field><field fid="53">Trace3  LLC</field><field fid="54">588</field><field fid="55">Cisco Global Maintenance Support 3 years BL 1130</field><field fid="256">640400</field><field fid="21">654127</field><field fid="152">SA</field><field fid="188">2024-02-27</field><field fid="6"></field><field fid="158">fake.name2@fakecompany.com</field><field fid="153">L1_OTHER</field><field fid="154">L2_GIS</field><field fid="155">L3_ENTPR_INFRASTRUCTURE</field><field fid="156">L4_CORP_FUNCTIONS</field><field fid="48">fakename@fakecompany.com</field><field fid="49">Fake Name</field><field fid='8' filename=""></field><field fid='60' filename=""></field></qdbapi>

Thanks

Deepa

------------------------------
Deepa Prashant

6 Replies

• Is this an example of the actual payload that is failing?

Did anything change with the structure or did you add any new fields recently? Your file fields are mixing ' and " in the same input which probably isn't the issue but stood out. 

Chayce Duncan
      DeepaPrashant
      Qrew Member

Hi Chayce,

I am using a software called Alteryx to parse my data and pull out of SAP to figure which line items need to be added to my Quickbase app. That software needs me to use the inverted commas in that fashion to make it work. 

I have not added any new fields...as you can see all the fields I am trying to add data to in the QB app, have an FID#. This morning, the API_Add call went through properly and added a record in QB. But just this one from Feb 27th (entry date) did not make it through.

Would like to depend upon the API calls to create the records and not miss any. Hence, want to understand why this line failed to load into QB and yes....that is the actual payload that is failing...just x'ed out the names and emails and user token.

Thanks!

Deepa Prashant
        DeepaPrashant
        Qrew Member

It appears I forgot to mention the exact error I get.

Here it is...

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
        <qdbapi>
        <action>API_AddRecord</action>
        <errcode>11</errcode>
        <errtext>Could not parse XML input</errtext>
        <errdetail>XML Parsing Error. unclosed token at line 1 column 907 (which is byte 908)</errdetail>
        </qdbapi>

So I tried to find the 907th byte...and that is the very last part of the payload. 907+ remaining bytes shown below.

></qdbapi>

So confused.

Deepa Prashant