Forum Discussion

UrsulaLlaveria
Qrew Assistant Captain
4 years ago

Archiving Forms

I couldn't find any post so far on here that discusses this, so I am posting it. We have an app that is over 10 years old. One table in particular has over 100 forms, most of which are no longer in use. We have needed to keep the previous forms for any older data depending on a set of criteria. Over time, they have become unnecessary. I would like to delete some of these forms, since they only take up space and can confuse any new admin that decides to take a peek, but before I do so, I want some way to archive them should we need to re-open them at a later date. Is there any Quickbase native way of doing this? I do not need to keep the record data, but the actual set up of the form, the fields and its form rules. 

The only thing I can think of at this point is to screenshot the form and each one of the form rules.

------------------------------
Ursula

3 Replies

• Ugly though it may be, I suggest that you name your forms with a prefix like Active and |Archived and live with the clutter.  The | will sort last.

Train Admins to sort the forms alpha by clicking the name column and the Active forms will float to the top real quick.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      UrsulaLlaveria
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Yep, we have something similar now. I think pre-pending it with Archive will help with the sort feature which is good. Was just hoping there was something a bit cleaner than that. thanks Mark!

Ursula
        AdamKeever1
        Qrew Commander
        You make a great point @Ursula and with Quick Base focusing on the user interface and experience I would suggest putting in a user voice for this. From the user perspective we would want the interface to be just like on our computer; i.e. create a new folder, title it "archive", move all old forms into archive folder. I would vote for it.​

Adam Keever