Forum Discussion

Syed_AhsanSirat
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago
Solved

Assistance Needed to Locate Formula Fields which include Specific String

Hello Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently in the process of changing my QuickBase domain from aaa.quickbase.com to bbb.quickbase.com. I have encountered a challenge related to Formula Fields in my applications, where I have used the URL of my current domain (aaa.quickbase.com).

As part of this transition, I need to identify and update all Formula Fields across my applications that include references to aaa.quickbase.com, replacing them with bbb.quickbase.com. The sheer volume of Formula Fields across numerous tables makes manually tracking and updating each field time-consuming.

I am reaching out to the community to seek advice or solutions. Is there a way to streamline this process, perhaps through the use of a script or tool that can automatically list all Formula Fields containing references to aaa.quickbase.com?

Any guidance or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

------------------------------
Syed Ahsan Sirat
  • Under Application Management, there is a tool for Search and Replace.  I suggest that you make a copy of your app and try it there first.

Also, the best practiceis not to hard code your URLs.  The best practice is syntax like this

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_my_table_ name _Alias from Advanced_Properties] & "?a= ... continue with the url.  That way if your root URL company name changes or you copy an app and your table ID's all change,  the formula buttons will still work.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

Under Application Management, there is a tool for Search and Replace.  I suggest that you make a copy of your app and try it there first.

Also, the best practiceis not to hard code your URLs.  The best practice is syntax like this

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_my_table_ name _Alias from Advanced_Properties] & "?a= ... continue with the url.  That way if your root URL company name changes or you copy an app and your table ID's all change,  the formula buttons will still work.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Syed_AhsanSirat
      Qrew Trainee

Thank you very much

Syed Ahsan Sirat
  • If you have not already done so, message customer support and ask them for the list of things you will need to update before making this change. I looked into this at one point, and they mentioned a couple items that I would not have thought of. Indeed, I remember thinking it would be quite a process, so use the Search function Mark mentioned, take your time, and good luck......

Mike Tamoush
      Syed_AhsanSirat
      Qrew Trainee

Thank You.

Syed Ahsan Sirat