Forum Discussion

BenjaminBrooks
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Autofill a Search

I have a table full of prescription drugs and they are very hard to spell. What i have is in the customer form a relationship to my prescriptions table already. What i would like it to be able to do is when i type in the first 4 letters of the prescription it then gives me the options that come up with the start of that word. For example

Im looking to add the drug lipitor so my agent types in the letters lipi and i would like for the box to then recommend based on the letters i inputted lipitor and have it fill into the box with the information. 

Then i would like it to show the table of dosages that are available for that drug like 10mg,20mg etc.

How would i do this?

------------------------------
Benjamin Brooks

3 Replies

• The drop down when selecting a parent record is very smart now. Much improved from what it used to be say a year ago.  perhaps you can capture a screen shot of how the search and drop down is not working for you.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BenjaminBrooks
      Qrew Trainee
      My problem is my list of drugs are 6000 records in my table. Could i put them all as dropdown options?

Benjamin Brooks
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Yes, absolutely, but of course you will need to have a Parent table to hold all the drugs (and not attempt to have that be a simple multiple choice field with 6000 lines pasted in), and then make a Relationship where 1 Drug has many orders.

If you were thinking that the dropdown would work like it does for a simple multiple choice field, then you will be super impressed by how nice the improved Record picker will work.  On the drug table, you will want to be sure to go to Advanced properties  and set the record picker fields as that will control what the user sees when the go to "pick records"  ie pick a drug.

When you go to try the improved record picker, note that you can also typoe small amounts of letters form multiple words to get hits as well.

eg. to get a hit on your name you could type

ben br

or even for that matter min ook

as those little phrases are in your name.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com