Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
6 months ago
Solved

Autofill user field when a checkbox is checked

I have a table based on 3 digit zip that has the user listed for each 3 digit zip.  On the main table/form, when a user clicks a checkbox, I would like the user field to update to the correct user based on the 3 digit zip code that is on the record. Can you advise how I would do that?

------------------------------
Carol Mcconnell
  • Do you have a relationship between the Zip Table and your main table? If not, you will want to establish a relationship between those two, with Zips being the parent table having many records in your main table. 

In that relationship - you would add a lookup of the user assigned to that Zip. In your main table form - you would then have a form rule that copies that value of that lookup field into the user field on your main table when the box is checked. 

Chayce Duncan

2 Replies

• Do you have a relationship between the Zip Table and your main table? If not, you will want to establish a relationship between those two, with Zips being the parent table having many records in your main table. 

In that relationship - you would add a lookup of the user assigned to that Zip. In your main table form - you would then have a form rule that copies that value of that lookup field into the user field on your main table when the box is checked. 

Chayce Duncan
      CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

I did have the relationship.  I just wasn't thinking about the lookup field.  Thank so much.  It works as needed.

Carol Mcconnell