Forum Discussion

KyleMcAfee
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Backup PDF’s

How would I back up all the pdf’s in Quick Base? I have Juiced produce a proposal pdf that we send to customers. I would like to back up all the pdf files, not the link. Thank you.

Best regards,
Kyle McAfee
Operations Manager

Mobile 973-229-9099

Supor Heavy Haul, LLC
12600 Deerfield Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30009

5 Replies

• Hi Kyle,
    great question.  there are a few ways to do this. 
    1. use a file storage service like Amazon S3.  Exact Forms Plus can save files to file attachment fields in Quickbase AND it can also save them in S3 at the same time.  So all new files created could go to both storage options so the backup is created automatically when you create the pdf. 
      We can also run a one-time sweep to take all existing pdf files and sweep them to Amazon S3.  So this will pick up all pdf files previously created with EF+ and back them up to Amazon S3.
    2. There are also browser plugins that help you download files to your local pc.  see below post for links.  I've never tried them myself but it may be worth exploring 
    3. QuNect has an ODBC driver that helps you download your files. www.qunect.com

Here is an older post with options as well, some of which I mentioned above:  https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=103&MID=30378&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer 

There are probably other ways as well but those are a few off the top of my head

------------------------------
    Keith Jusas
      KyleMcAfee
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you Keith. Just to make sure I have enough information on the original post…. Users (estimators) down load the 1 pdf to send to customer everyday. We do not have any problems with downloading the pdf one at a time.

But I need to download all 5000 pdf’s at one time. I assume all pdf’s are in one directory/location on the Quick Base server so in essence I need to download the whole directory or at least all the pdf’s stored in this directory.

I do not have access to any Amazon server services.

Best regards,
      Kyle McAfee
      Operations Manager

Mobile 973-229-9099

Supor Heavy Haul, LLC
      12600 Deerfield Parkway
      Alpharetta, GA 30009

KeithJusas
        Qrew Captain
        Yes, all of the options I mentioned will allow for mass download so you won't have to download one at a time.

Keith Jusas