Forum Discussion

AllisonWatson
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Bulk Photo Download

Here is my situation:  I have installers in the field who upload completion photos to a "photos" table.  The project managers in the office need to be able to download these photos to our network.  Is there an easy way to download them all at once?  I tried a pipeline, but it looked like the only option for file attachments was to upload them.
Thanks!

------------------------------
Allison Watson

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger

There are safe to use Browser Extensions to do this.  The user interfaces are not very friendly, but in my experience, the least worst is Down Them All.

Here is a link for the Chrome version.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/downthemall/nljkibfhlpcnanjgbnlnbjecgicbjkge?hl=en

The tool sniffs out anything on the whole web page which looks like a file attachment or image.  That leads to extra junk getting selected for download such as native Quickbase icons on the page.

My solution for my users was  to give them a button to click to run a report with a suffix of &ifv=1,  and open in new tab.  That suppresses the Quickbase headers.  In my use case they were downloading fields from an embedded child table on a parent record.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_ATTACHMENTS] & "?a=q&qid=8&nv=1&v0=" & [Record ID#] 
    & "&ifv=1"

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew #1 Challenger

just btw, there is an add on from Juiced as well as a native Quickbase solution in the Kirk Trachy Magic Buttons app in the Exchange for mass uploading from say the iPhone camera roll into a child table for say a Project where 1 Project has many file attachment photos.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com