Forum Discussion

MichaelKnecht
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Cascading drop down issue

I can get a drop down to display selection based off a field chosen on the same table, but Im stuck getting a dropdown to display selections based off a field choice on another table. 

Example.  I have Locations > Machines.    I have Work Orders asking for changes to machines at the locations.  User chooses the location and can then choose from the machines at the chosen location.  

I want to make the work order more streamlined for multiple machines and have been told to create an actions table to house the "change requests" individually.   So now it is Work Orders>Actions.  User creates work order and chooses the location.  Once they save the WO - I cant get the Location to effect the Machines the user sees on the actions form/table.  I dont want the user to have to choose the location again on the actions form.

------------------------------
Michael Knecht

1 Reply

• No problem, go to the Relationship where One WO has Many Actions and lookup Location down to the Actions Table.  Then on the relationship where One Machine has Many Actions, go to the Reference field for Related Machine and set that to be "Conditional" on having chosen Location to only show Machines in that Location.

You will need to have the Location field showing on the the Actions form or else in a field hidden by a form rule.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com