Forum Discussion

EOMDevelepors
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

change the native add record button to go to a certain form instead of using the one this table is set to be used in view mode.

I want to change the native add record button to direct to a certain form. I know I can do tht by changing the entire report to use a certain form but I don't want to do that since I still want for viewing to be able to use the form I currently set to be using for this report.

I know with a simple onload technique you can do that. Just need some guidance.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    You know you can assign different forms for each mode, right? In our case, our add project form looks nothing like the edit/view project form. I just assigned the add form to the add mode and the other form to the edit and the view modes.
    hhersch
    Qrew Captain
    Hi - there is native capability for this that you do not need to use a JavaScript modification for. If you were using a custom Formula - URL/Text field, you could append:
    &dfid=X

Where X is the form ID. We also have many native controls on the behavior of forms as it relates to view vs add vs modify and even mobile. You can read more about that here: https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/cs/cs_about_custom_forms.html.
    SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Harrison is right. If I could add to it, you could modify the existing "Add..." formula URL to append the &dfid=X parameter to it. But if you assigned the add form to the add mode, quickbase will automatically take care of that under the hood for you.
  • Thanks for the replies.

I need to know where to set that when I create a new record from the native green button, it should use a specific form which I want to use to create records. I know its built in that I can set each element in a form if it should show at view edit or add however I need to use a specific form when the user clicks the native green add record button.

Thanks again
  • In the Settings for a Forms Usage, you control, by Role, which Oirm is used for Add, Edit, View, and Grud Edit.
      TateForgey
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Am I right that the "dfid" ability to specify a form is not available in the API_ GenAddRecordForm?  It doesn't look like it in the API documentation and I can't get it to work, but I was just hoping. 

I need to direct people in the same role to different forms and then redirect to different places after completing the form and I was hoping to specify that all in the button.  I'll try to use form rules based on lookup fields that may be different if I have to, but just making sure there wasn't an easier way.

------------------------------
      Tate Forgey
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        To answer your first question you can certainly control the form in that API. 

API_ GenAddRecordForm&dfid=10  etc will work just fine.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com