Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Chart Help

I am VERY New to QB.  Actually just in the eval period.  I am starting with the simplest of tasks, but still encountering the learning curve.  If someone can help with the easy answer below, I would be grateful.

I need to reproduce the Excel chart attached.

As you can see, I have 2/3rds of it done.

(QB Chart screenshot.)

I assume I need to use either Report Formulas or Summary Formulas.  I don't know which and I can't figure out how to do either. 

------------------------------
Tony Gonzalez

1 Reply

• Hey Tony, I understand what you are trying to achieve, but I'm not sure exactly how to handle this in Quickbase because you are essentially hoping to have the same record classified two different ways on the same report (as it's respective Type EMS or Fire and also as a Total).

I'd consider creating two separate reports, one for the totals and one for the Types (as in your QB screenshot), then displaying them both on the same Dashboard.

Otherwise, you may want to check out the "Horizontal Stacked Bar" report type, where you could set your Series to the Type. Then check the box for "Data labels always visible." Unfortunately, this will still just display the respective Types totals as bars and not the grand total as shown in your Excel chart, but the scale on the x-axis would honor the total.

Another option would be to use a Summary report, but that's more like a matrix of numbers vs. a chart visualization of the Types … but, that would be able to display the Totals like you are hoping for to view!

Maybe others will chime in with ideas how to potentially display the Totals and Types on the same report.

Hopefully that helps! Quickbase is an awesome platform once you get the hang of it and begin to "think like Quickbase."

Brian Seymour