Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Color coding based on Next Due Date field

I want to color rows that are past my Next Due date field Red.  I get that to work.  But then, I also want to color code anything that is 30 days or less out Yellow.  I tried this....

If([Next Due Date]<Today(),"RED")
If([Next Due Date]<Today()-Days(30), "Yellow")

It not only doesn't do red anymore, after working as a single line, but it also won't color yellow.

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

4 Replies

• Unlike Excel you don't need to nest your IFs for most logic situations.  Just list the conditions in the sequence you want them check d the first one wins.

If(

[Next Due Date]<Today()-Days(30), "Yellow",

[Next Due Date]<Today(),"RED"])

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Mark.  I still can't get Yellow to work.  Screenshots below.  I feel like I am just overlooking something very simple here.  

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Are you expecting the first row to be yellow? If yes - looks like you might have the 30 days evaluation backward. Sine the next due date of that row is 2/10/24 then I imagine you want it yellow if it's in the next 30 days in which case your row for that condition would be: 

[Next Due Date]<(Today()+Days(30)), "Yellow",

Chayce Duncan