Forum Discussion

AshleyGwozdz
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Color coding single field

I am curious if there is a way to color code a single field instead of an entire row in a report with the color-coding formula, or if there is a way to do it via the field itself.  The field is a multiple choice type currently, so each choice would be a different color. 

Thank you

------------------------------
Ashley Gwozdz

8 Replies

AshleyGwozdz
      Qrew Member
      thanks for pointing me to this help file. I was able to get just what I wanted!

Ashley Gwozdz
      AmandaLepich
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark - 
      Is there a way to do a formula on a report only to get this to work?  I have tried several times but can't get any color to show up for a field.  I can't add a field to this table (because I am not an admin) and am trying to help configure the field for this one report only.  

Example:  If [Client Entered Ranking] > 0, I want the cell to be yellow.  I can't get the format right.  Client would like the cell versus the row highlighted.

I tried this:  If([Client Entered Ranking] > 0, "<div style=\"background-color:#ffff00;\">[Client Entered Ranking]</div>", [Client Entered Ranking]) - but it complains about the last [Client Entered Ranking] since it is a number; not text.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Amanda Lepich
        JeffPeterson1
        Qrew Captain

Try this:

If([Client Entered Ranking] > 0, "<div style=\"background-color:#ffff00;\">[Client Entered Ranking]</div>", ToText([Client Entered Ranking]))

Jeff Peterson