Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
7 months ago
Solved

Connected table not updating when record is changed in the connected database

I have two databases and I have a connected table from db1 to db2. When the TIN is updated on a record in DB1, the change it not showing up in DB2.  I have the refresh set to make the table match exactly.  The refresh key is set to the record id and the key field is TIN.  What is happening is the TIN is being changed in DB1 but it is not updated in db2.  Does it have anything to do with the key field being set to TIN?

------------------------------
Carol Mcconnell
  • I have had a situation where I essentially had a need to have a mirror table with a [Different Key field] from the Source table.  I have found what I consider to be a bug (and this was years ago, so obviously still here), that when I change the field called [Different Key field] in the source table it is not reflected in the Sync mirror table.  As I recall I had set up a safety net report to detect this situation.  The only solution was to then delete the records in the Sync table (you can delete records if the table is NOT set to match exactly - ie just to add records) and then force a refresh.  

In thinking about this, I have a feeling it might only happen when the table is set to match exactly.

.. anyways, I think that this is a known bug.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

2 Replies

• I have had a situation where I essentially had a need to have a mirror table with a [Different Key field] from the Source table.  I have found what I consider to be a bug (and this was years ago, so obviously still here), that when I change the field called [Different Key field] in the source table it is not reflected in the Sync mirror table.  As I recall I had set up a safety net report to detect this situation.  The only solution was to then delete the records in the Sync table (you can delete records if the table is NOT set to match exactly - ie just to add records) and then force a refresh.  

In thinking about this, I have a feeling it might only happen when the table is set to match exactly.

.. anyways, I think that this is a known bug.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

Oh okay. Thank you.

Carol Mcconnell