Forum Discussion

JordanBardwell
Qrew Member
6 months ago

Copy Application via Pipeline

Currently re-building our governance app and need the ability to copy applications..

I have a pipeline that use's the Make Request action, but when I test it, it returns an authentication denied access error.

The Make Request connection is using the "Realm Default Account" with my user, which is the standard name when you create a new connection. My user account is a super user.

If I switch it to a user token connection, and grant that token access to the app I'm trying to copy, then it works fine. But I don't see a way to automatically add an app to a user token via API, so I don't think that method will work for me.

Has anyone else accomplished this via Pipelines?

------------------------------
Jordan Bardwell

3 Replies

• Is the issue that you're not able to copy the app this way, or that you're trying to do something with the new app and the usertoken isn't valid for the new app that you just created?

If it's some version of the latter - you're best bet is to do an API_Authenticate Request in the Pipeline, get the ticket from the response and pass that ticket into the request as opposed to using the User Token. 

Chayce Duncan
      JordanBardwell
      Qrew Member

I'm just not able to copy the app this way by authenticating with a user account via Pipeline instead of using a user token. The only way it works in Pipeline's is if I change the Make Request connection from user account to user token, and grant that user token access to the app I want to copy. 

It just doesn't make sense since my user account is a super user, and I can go to that app right now any copy it.

Jordan Bardwell
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Ah - now I see what you're saying. The User Account piece was only rolled out recently (likely the 10th of this month) so it seems that it might be a bug with Pipelines and that type of API call. Best suggestion is give it to QB support to investigate since as you said it's not a security / permissions issue per say. 

Chayce Duncan