Forum Discussion

QuincyAdam
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Create Patient Record Summary In Record

I have a table called "Leads" that contains all lead captures from various landing pages for different conditions. I want to have the option to see in a patient record, a summary of all other conditions, that this patient inquired about. For example, if patient Jon Doe filled out separate webforms for asthma, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc..., I want to be able to go in any of his records and see a summary of Jon Doe records.
I read other articles relating to Report Links within the same table, but there's not enough info to understand if it's applicable for this use case. The closest one I found was this: https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/report-link-embedded-within-in-form-with-a-report-f...

Thoughts?

11 Replies

• If there is no relationship, you have to have some way to map them to each other. Perhaps a Unique Name field?
  • Hi Justin, this table has raw leads that come in from a webform, so the only ID is Record ID. If I submit multiple records, that changes, so I don't know the best way to show all leads from Quincy Adam. I have a "Studies" table that contains all the studies patients would be inquiring about. I'm just not sure how I could use that table for this use case. 
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    You need to try and find a piece of information that is unique to the person and make that the key field. If they are web forms being filled out I am guessing you ask for the email address? If someone fills out multiple forms chances are they will be using the same email or whatever method of contact you get from them.
      QuincyAdam
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Austin, this is where I'm getting stuck. If I'm using email address as the unique identifier, how do I create a report? The web form leads and the report are all the same table. I'm not associating patient records with another table. If it's impossible to do as I describe, I wasn't sure if there was another workaround, where I needed to copy all leads to another table. 
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      One solution is to make a Summary report of the unique email addresses and populate a table of Unique Patients.  Then set the key field to be the email address and make a relationship to the Leads Table.

The issue will be how to keep that populated as new leads are imported.  if the leads are entered individually, then an Automation can add the Patient Parent record if it is not there already.  But if the leads are imported, you may need to continue to run a summary report of missing Patients and create them by copying across the records from the summary report to the Patients table. 

Of course there are some more advanced techniques which could further automate that.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Quincy,
      I thought about it some more and here is a simpler solution to start with.

On your leads table make a field which is a Report Link field type.

When you configure the field on the left side select the field of email address. Then on the right side of the configuration navigate back to your app into that very same field.

Put the report link field on your leads form and set the form property to shows the matching leads directly on the form. The effect of this will be that on every lead for a given email address you will see all of the other leads with that exact same email address