Forum Discussion

PaulPeterson1
Qrew Assistant Captain
3 years ago

Creating a backup table

I'm looking for suggestions for the best method(s) to backup table data.  I have a few tables with sensitive data that I cannot afford to lose.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

------------------------------
Paul Peterson

2 Replies

• Hi Paul,

Here at Quickbase we do keep and make backups of application data as part of our overall philosophy of high availability (HA) and ease of disaster recovery (DR) if that is part of your concerns. You can learn more about our backups and disaster recovery plan on the devote Quickbase help page for Backing up and restoring Quickbase.

Alternatively, if you are looking for ways to backup your data for yourself for ease of access there are a few options available depending on how comprehensive you want to make your backups. A few commonly used options are to:

• Take a copy of the data by copying the application or downloading a CSV of the table to be stored locally on a regular cadence
    • Build a sync table that regularly syncs data over into another app from key tables
    • Team with a partner on a customer solution
    • Make use of API calls or Pipelines to regularly write data out to a storage place of your choice like Box of Dropbox, etc. 

Evan Martinez
      PaulPeterson1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Thank you for the info Evan!

Paul Peterson