Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Dashboard Ideas

Hi all, working on our first app and its nearing a usability point.  It is for a CRM and project management tool (basically a design/build contractor).  all for our company.  I starting to create dashboards and I am just wondering if there are any good examples or reference places out there to gain some ideas.  I obviously know some of the basics of what I want shown on there but just wondering if I can get some inspirational ideas out there of "what could be

2 Replies

• One suggestion is that while you can get carried away with sexy charts and graphs, don't have the day to day users land on that kind of Dashboard every every time they got to their dashboard as that will just make you app slower for everyone. Quick Base is mainly single threaded so it can only process one click at a time

So put those performance types charts on a separate dashboards and link to them, and by role, create useful dashboards for their Role.  I prefer buttons on Dashboards as opposed to reports for the regular day to day worker bees.  The Queen Bees, yes, can have a sexy dashboards with charts.

I also have an opinion that the only way users will find the reports they need is if there is a link on a dashboard.  So once a report is vetted and deemed "dashboard worthy, then make a button or a link on a Dashboard to it.
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      Makes a lot of sense Mark.  I have a few testers in the app and they never go into reports and are always asking me for things that are in there