Forum Discussion

Qrew Member
2 years ago

Data Validation

Hi, i am applying daat validation on table form. i wrote one condition for mandatory manager email while filling up form.

the validation works fine. but i could also see different error message i do not want display on end user side. how remove "Order manager(Email) is equal to <blank>". 

3 Replies

• Not possible to change the behaviour of the message that comes up when a form rule is that to abort the save. And alternative approach is to use what are called Custom Table Rules.  These are set in the advanced properties tab for each table.   You make a formula which calculates a text error message and if that error message does not calculate to null then the record will not be able to be saved.  

https://helpv2.quickbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/4570135620884-Custom-data-rules

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Qrew Member

Yes, mark. we can do it from Custom rule tab for each table. 

but tool has given predefined dynamic Form Rules on form page right. why would need to go for custom rule tab. this more flexible than custom rule correct. 

MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Custom Data Rules are as Flexible as Firm Rules for the specific case of blocking the save. However in an App which may have a lot of data and a lot of users, there is some impact on Performance. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com