Forum Discussion

ColinFox
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Date field automatically populate when a signature is performed.

What I need is the date to automatically lock in on the signature date. So say they sign today, I need the date field to automatically populate 10/10/2023

Is there a formula that will do this? What I came up with was this but I don't think it would work.

If([Signature] <> "", Today(), null) 

Thank you!

------------------------------
Colin Fox

3 Replies

• You will need a form rule or pipeline to handle that. By putting Today() into a formula it will shift with each passing day and it will always show the actual value of Today. 

If this is something that you're populating on form you would do a rule that when Signature is not blank change the value of a scalar date field to the value 'today'. The date field in question would not be a formula that way the value actually sticks. 

Chayce Duncan

ColinFox
      Qrew Member

Could you provide me the steps for a pipeline/form rule that you think would be more effective? I am very unfamiliar with these items.

Colin Fox
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Sure - if you're using a form where a user is populating the value for `signature` then you can make a form rule like so: 

When: 

Signature is not equal to blank 

Then:

Change the value of `Date Field` to today. 

Since the date field you currently set up is a formula, make sure that you change it to a scalar date field first. 

If you're using a Pipeline - you would set it up where on a new event where the trigger field is 'Signature' - and then you would do an update record where you are updating the value of your 'Date Field' to be {{time.today}}

Chayce Duncan