Forum Discussion

ErichSiemon
Qrew Member
18 days ago

Date value changes when copied to new table with pipeline.

I am updating an app with a [Fines] table that has 10 pairs of Pmt-Dt-* and Pmt-Amt-* fields. The date fields are Date (not Datetime).
1) I created a new [Payments] with Fine-ID, Pmt-Dt, and Pmt-Amt fields. The new table will support online payments, so we want the new Pmt-Dt field to be Datetime to differentiate between multiple payment attempts on the same day.
2) I created a pipeline to read each Pmt-Amt-* of each record. If Pmt-Amt-* > 0, then the pipeline inserts the payment into the [Payments] table.

ISSUE: Although both tables are in the same application, the new [Payments] table dates are created with a timezone adjustment. The application is UTC-05:00 (Eastern US & Canada).

•    2012-02-02 (in original Fines table) is inserted as 2012-02-01 19:00 in the new table (5 hours earlier).
•    2018-08-08 (in original Fines table) is inserted as 2018-08-07 20:00 in the new table (4 hours earlier, during DST).

I can probably use time.delta(hours=5) and time.delta(hours=4) to update the original values, but this will require identify the exact spring-forward and fall-back dates for each year with payments.

Is there a better, more automated solution?

5 Replies

• Interested in knowing the solution, it's basically reseting the time to UTC/GMT. My account is configured for IST (UTC/GMT+5:30) , 

Maybe DougHenning1 can help out 

KatlynAllen
    Qrew Assistant Captain

Are your app properties set to use the billing account timezone or a specific timezone? 

ErichSiemon
      Qrew Member

The latter (specific time zone). Note: I also tried with the billing account setting, but that did not alter the behavior.

DougHenning1
    Community Manager

If you add the time to the date then it should not roll back to the previous day:

{{ (a.payment_date|date_ymd) ~ "T12:00" }}

Creates a string like "2018-08-08T12:00"

ErichSiemon
      Qrew Member

This did not work for me, but I have been unable what my mistake is.

My source tbl/fld is 01-01-2023.

My original pipeline logic displays 12-31-2022 07:00PM (EST) in the destination tbl/fld.

My revised logic displays 01-01-2023 07:00AM (EST) in the destination tbl/fld.