Forum Discussion

JenniferPeterso
Qrew Member
5 months ago
Solved

Duration Fields with Pipelines

I am trying to make a Pipeline that will create a set of Tasks (child records) to specific Reports (the parent record). Everything is working until it gets to the Duration field that I use to record default time for a simple task in the list (instead of requiring a logged time entry). If I use the Smart Time entry that I can use inside the duration field, it bombs and tells me it needs to be an integer. I put it in numerically, and it simply does not fill in the duration when the Task record is created after the Pipeline finishes its run. 

Any suggestions for fixing this?

------------------------------
Jennifer Peterson
  • Are you defining the template from within the pipeline and hardcoding it - or are you pulling from a 'Template' Table? 

I ran a few tests of moving duration from one field to another with no issue. I hardcoded it as it sounded like you were doing and ran into what I imagine is your error. Long and the short is that duration in QB is actually a metric of milliseconds. So if you're trying to populate a duration field via Pipeline and you're hardcoding the template in the pipeline - then you'll need to provide the integer value of the number of milliseconds. So lets say if you are populating a duration of 1 day - then you instead need to pass in the number 8640000. The smart days is just a setting for how to display the underlying numeric value of the duration, so it won't have any effect on the translation within the Pipeline.

Chayce Duncan

2 Replies

• Are you defining the template from within the pipeline and hardcoding it - or are you pulling from a 'Template' Table? 

I ran a few tests of moving duration from one field to another with no issue. I hardcoded it as it sounded like you were doing and ran into what I imagine is your error. Long and the short is that duration in QB is actually a metric of milliseconds. So if you're trying to populate a duration field via Pipeline and you're hardcoding the template in the pipeline - then you'll need to provide the integer value of the number of milliseconds. So lets say if you are populating a duration of 1 day - then you instead need to pass in the number 8640000. The smart days is just a setting for how to display the underlying numeric value of the duration, so it won't have any effect on the translation within the Pipeline.

Chayce Duncan
      JenniferPeterso
      Qrew Member

That was exactly the issue. Thank you

Jennifer Peterson